ravenvii
Sep 27, 04:55 PM
I'm actually thinking of doing just that, even though I do have the room for a bigger desk. I also have an iMac, and don't need the extra space.
Pictures would be awesome. And Wiggum, that desk does look awesome.
Pictures would be awesome. And Wiggum, that desk does look awesome.
Nermal
Dec 15, 02:07 PM
http://www.angryflower.com/bobsqu.gif
yayitsezekiel
Jun 15, 02:11 AM
http://www.vg247.com/2010/06/14/critierions-need-for-speed-called-hot-pursuit-out-on-november-16/
It looks pretty hot, for a NFS game.
I'm probably the only one who would have preferred a new Burnout from Criterion though...
reminds me of the good ol nfs hot pursuit 1 and 2 games. looks awesome! :D
It looks pretty hot, for a NFS game.
I'm probably the only one who would have preferred a new Burnout from Criterion though...
reminds me of the good ol nfs hot pursuit 1 and 2 games. looks awesome! :D
crees!
Jan 22, 10:07 PM
Yes, but the dialog said Stop / Replace, not Merge.
Merzie
Mar 13, 12:13 AM
I spilled coffee on my 15" 1.5Ghz powerbook and ruined the display, the keyboard, and possibly my ram (showing intermittently as 512 + 256 and sometimes 256 + 256 when it's really 512 + 512). I am stripping it and using it as a jukebox in a retro stereo receiver, and hooking up a 7-10" touch screen lcd for control.
My questions are:
-How do I force the computer to think that it's always in clamshell mode on boot?
-How do I test the ram problem without buying more ram?
-Can I disconnect the backup battery if all I'm going to do is use the computer for front row and itunes? (I lost the little cable that ocnnectes it to logic board)
Thanks everyone
My questions are:
-How do I force the computer to think that it's always in clamshell mode on boot?
-How do I test the ram problem without buying more ram?
-Can I disconnect the backup battery if all I'm going to do is use the computer for front row and itunes? (I lost the little cable that ocnnectes it to logic board)
Thanks everyone
benherron
Apr 27, 01:25 PM
Graphics cards options for my 2006 quad 1,1 are confusing especially as im only upgrading for the windows, hope you can help.
Happy with my 7300gt for the mac side for Autodesk Alias/photoshopping etc However I render with Bunkspeed on windows 7 side and looking to upgrade with a decent graphics card for this.
Bunkspeed is 'optimised' to use cuda cores so after an Nvidia ideally.
Could buy a mac 8800gt (512mb) but for �120 I could buy a better 1GB GTX or maybe spend a bit more and buy a low end quadro.
Questions:
Can pci-e 2.0 cards work in a pci-e 1.1 mac pro?
If so any suggestions for which gtx/quadro model i aim to buy (under �250)?
If not what nvidia pci-e 1.1 cards can i buy....?
Happy with my 7300gt for the mac side for Autodesk Alias/photoshopping etc However I render with Bunkspeed on windows 7 side and looking to upgrade with a decent graphics card for this.
Bunkspeed is 'optimised' to use cuda cores so after an Nvidia ideally.
Could buy a mac 8800gt (512mb) but for �120 I could buy a better 1GB GTX or maybe spend a bit more and buy a low end quadro.
Questions:
Can pci-e 2.0 cards work in a pci-e 1.1 mac pro?
If so any suggestions for which gtx/quadro model i aim to buy (under �250)?
If not what nvidia pci-e 1.1 cards can i buy....?
Blakeasd
May 4, 04:29 PM
How to I add text to the end of an NSString?
Thanks
Thanks
Applejuiced
May 4, 12:58 PM
I'm not a fan of constantly dialing 112 if I reboot. In the UK 112 is actually 911.
I thought you had to do the same with Rebel.
But better that than nothing though.
I thought you had to do the same with Rebel.
But better that than nothing though.
daneoni
May 6, 03:32 PM
I found a temporary workaround for 2011 MBP owners. After doing the latest update, boot in SL and navigate to the Update folder mentioned above and delete the ProductMetadata.plist file. Then reboot and the Lion should boot as per normal
Note that you'll have to do this every time you want to boot Lion which is strange but there you go. I'm typing this from the latest build of Lion on a 2011 MBP.
Note that you'll have to do this every time you want to boot Lion which is strange but there you go. I'm typing this from the latest build of Lion on a 2011 MBP.
Auax
Apr 21, 09:57 PM
i would like to recommend handbrake, i never get trouble with it and it does a good job.
ZildjianKX
Dec 21, 12:46 PM
Long as they don't kill off toast...
brad.c
Jan 9, 09:31 PM
was his prank call illegal? I would love to see jobs get slapped with a fine..."*SLAP* thats for no new iPod stevie"
Agreed. Or at least a bill for 4000 latt�s.
Agreed. Or at least a bill for 4000 latt�s.
Embio
Apr 1, 11:20 AM
my textedit won't open.
it's what we call 'a beta'
it's what we call 'a beta'
charlyee
Mar 24, 08:39 PM
But you will have to start again if you want to edit again.
Its best just to decide what you want to keep. When I edit my summer project, I'll store all my footage on a firewire harddrive that is not backed up. And I'll also store the footage on DVDs as an archive (so i'll always have them - a backup in itself, if you will).
The project files, however, should only be relatively small so I'll keep them local and backed up. When finished I'll delete all files off the firewire harddrive (Well maybe one episode at a time after they're released).Thanks very much. At this time I only have 4, 5 min videos so starting from scratch is okay but I can see in the long run that will not be a good idea.
Thanks, I am glad I found this forum I am learning something new everyday :)
Its best just to decide what you want to keep. When I edit my summer project, I'll store all my footage on a firewire harddrive that is not backed up. And I'll also store the footage on DVDs as an archive (so i'll always have them - a backup in itself, if you will).
The project files, however, should only be relatively small so I'll keep them local and backed up. When finished I'll delete all files off the firewire harddrive (Well maybe one episode at a time after they're released).Thanks very much. At this time I only have 4, 5 min videos so starting from scratch is okay but I can see in the long run that will not be a good idea.
Thanks, I am glad I found this forum I am learning something new everyday :)
w8ing4intelmacs
Jun 22, 07:50 PM
i'll take it.
Stetrain
Apr 2, 02:33 AM
watching today's episode of attack of the show and they had a piece saying some iPad 2s are contaminated with salmonella. wtf? April fools joke? so odd...
Yes I'm sure they were completely serious. :rolleyes:
Yes I'm sure they were completely serious. :rolleyes:
msjones
Apr 15, 02:12 PM
Evening all,
I am having a little fun with some shell scripting but I am stuck creating a loop. Hopefully someone can help. Here is my script:
#!/bin/bash
FORTUNE=`fortune -i`
COUNT=`echo $FORTUNE | wc -m`
if [ $COUNT -lt 140 ]

Woman with long red hair

Woman with long red hair
I am having a little fun with some shell scripting but I am stuck creating a loop. Hopefully someone can help. Here is my script:
#!/bin/bash
FORTUNE=`fortune -i`
COUNT=`echo $FORTUNE | wc -m`
if [ $COUNT -lt 140 ]
JRoDDz
Apr 6, 10:46 AM
Will a cheap silicone case protect the iPhone 4 or is an expensive TPU case needed?
aiqw9182
May 4, 10:29 PM
yeah this is what i read
http://singularityhub.com/2011/05/04/moores-law-lives-intel-announces-launch-of-22-nanometer-3d-transistor-video/
guess we will see.. maybe this year maybe not!
Author was simply misinformed.
http://news.cnet.com/8301-31021_3-20059716-260.html
"Intel would not give any specific dates, but said we'd see these devices sometime in 2012."
http://www.pcworld.idg.com.au/article/385383/what_ivy_bridge_/
"The new chips will debut in 2012 and will be available for mainstream computers as well as servers."
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748703937104576303180600624322.html
"They indicated the first microprocessors would likely be targeted for high-end desktop computers and server systems and arrive in early 2012."
http://singularityhub.com/2011/05/04/moores-law-lives-intel-announces-launch-of-22-nanometer-3d-transistor-video/
guess we will see.. maybe this year maybe not!
Author was simply misinformed.
http://news.cnet.com/8301-31021_3-20059716-260.html
"Intel would not give any specific dates, but said we'd see these devices sometime in 2012."
http://www.pcworld.idg.com.au/article/385383/what_ivy_bridge_/
"The new chips will debut in 2012 and will be available for mainstream computers as well as servers."
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748703937104576303180600624322.html
"They indicated the first microprocessors would likely be targeted for high-end desktop computers and server systems and arrive in early 2012."
aloshka
Apr 23, 02:01 PM
That is great. It has DVI and DisplayPort. Since mDP to dual-link DVI adapter is 99$, just get a Mini DisplayPort to DisplayPort (http://www.monoprice.com/products/subdepartment.asp?c_id=102&cp_id=10246#1024606) cable for 5 bucks. Use that for the MBP and then DVI for the PC. Pretty much all GPUs have dual-link DVI anyway and a dual-link DVI cable is something like 5 bucks too.
I have that cable and it works well, but there is still the keyboard/mouse, usb etc. I guess it's not a big deal to switch a single cable between the laptop & the desktop. BUT, I just upgraded my wife to a 27" led and realized I still have an older 24" led cinema with the power adapter/etc that I still have not sold. I'm going to just put it on a separate desk. Don't really need the 30" for web/programming work,would be nice, but not required. The 24" is plenty for work. Although I feel a little guilty for having a 30" monitor to use just for games, quicken, and off-windows things that are not related to any client (ie any specific VM, I have one for each client I work with).
I have that cable and it works well, but there is still the keyboard/mouse, usb etc. I guess it's not a big deal to switch a single cable between the laptop & the desktop. BUT, I just upgraded my wife to a 27" led and realized I still have an older 24" led cinema with the power adapter/etc that I still have not sold. I'm going to just put it on a separate desk. Don't really need the 30" for web/programming work,would be nice, but not required. The 24" is plenty for work. Although I feel a little guilty for having a 30" monitor to use just for games, quicken, and off-windows things that are not related to any client (ie any specific VM, I have one for each client I work with).
2ndname
Apr 10, 10:21 PM
Minor video editing, get the macbook pro.
Pros on going with the Pro:
It was just refreshed
The 13" offers good enough work area to do minor video editing (I was running on a 12" Powerbook G4 for years before I had to sell it).
It's priced competitively if you're comparing the entry level 13" Pro to the Macbook and MBA.
It's still lightweight, even compared to your Dell notebook.
I know people are telling you to consider the Air but when I was comparing the two I still think the MBP is still the way to go if you're going to perform some editing (Photo or Video). At times I feel some jitter/lag when editing photos on the MBA 11" and 13" base models. People might tell you to go towards the Ultimate for it to perform better but at that point you can upgrade your MBP to outperform the MBA for less.
Pros on going with the Pro:
It was just refreshed
The 13" offers good enough work area to do minor video editing (I was running on a 12" Powerbook G4 for years before I had to sell it).
It's priced competitively if you're comparing the entry level 13" Pro to the Macbook and MBA.
It's still lightweight, even compared to your Dell notebook.
I know people are telling you to consider the Air but when I was comparing the two I still think the MBP is still the way to go if you're going to perform some editing (Photo or Video). At times I feel some jitter/lag when editing photos on the MBA 11" and 13" base models. People might tell you to go towards the Ultimate for it to perform better but at that point you can upgrade your MBP to outperform the MBA for less.
citizenzen
Apr 18, 05:16 PM
... can someone please help me out with creating a logo that looks like a wispy cloud ...
Let's talk about this for a moment. Logos need to have impact, both visually and symbolically. A wispy cloud doesn't seem to have either of these qualities.
What are you trying to say with your wispy cloud? Is there perhaps a better way to convey what you're hoping to convey?
Let's talk about this for a moment. Logos need to have impact, both visually and symbolically. A wispy cloud doesn't seem to have either of these qualities.
What are you trying to say with your wispy cloud? Is there perhaps a better way to convey what you're hoping to convey?
Winstonp
Mar 5, 10:19 AM
I watch American and german movies, and it says I can only switch between regions four times. What's up with that? Is there a hack or some program i can use to avoid this nonsense?
BurntReality
Jun 21, 01:52 PM
Anyone going to be waiting at one of the AT&T stores in Tyler, TX
If so how early are you getting there?
If so how early are you getting there?
No comments:
Post a Comment