BlindSoul
May 4, 03:31 PM
Using redsn0w how? Any way I upgrade it doesn't upgrade my baseband...
canucksfan88
Apr 27, 12:33 AM
whats funny about this?
matter of fact....your comment pissed me off.
matter of fact....your comment pissed me off.
Plooney
Jan 23, 05:30 PM
Hi! I am going to purchase an iPod Touch 4th Generation in a few days, and I am adamant on protecting it as soon as I get it. I have been looking at a few cases, and have narrowed it down to my two favourites; the Switcheasy Rebel and the Speck Candyshell (both in white).
I have currently heard nothing bad about the Rebel, though I am not 100% keen on the back (but I am growing to like it more). I am also concerned about the bottom, does it become saggy like the iPhone 3G/S version did?
I have heard that the iPhone 4 version of the Candyshell develops an 'eraser' effect where the rubber 'bezel' can peel off. However, I do not know if this happens on the iPod Touch version (the white moonshine one).
If anyone has these cases I would be very grateful if you could provide some feedback as I do not want to spend �20 unless I am sure that it is what I want.
Also, if anyone has any other cases that they recommend more than these two, please can you share your thoughts on them? (Not the Otterbox cases please, I really dislike those!)
Thanks in advance! :)
EDIT: Screen protectors and other accessories do not matter to me, as I already have a Power Support matte screen protector for the 2G iPod that I shall drill a circular hole in for the camera! (hopefully that works!) ;)
From my experience, screen shields won't work. The 2G iPod touch has a slightly wider display, so as a result by using these screen shields on the 4G iPod touch, there will be some excess on the sides. You can try for yourself if you like.
I have currently heard nothing bad about the Rebel, though I am not 100% keen on the back (but I am growing to like it more). I am also concerned about the bottom, does it become saggy like the iPhone 3G/S version did?
I have heard that the iPhone 4 version of the Candyshell develops an 'eraser' effect where the rubber 'bezel' can peel off. However, I do not know if this happens on the iPod Touch version (the white moonshine one).
If anyone has these cases I would be very grateful if you could provide some feedback as I do not want to spend �20 unless I am sure that it is what I want.
Also, if anyone has any other cases that they recommend more than these two, please can you share your thoughts on them? (Not the Otterbox cases please, I really dislike those!)
Thanks in advance! :)
EDIT: Screen protectors and other accessories do not matter to me, as I already have a Power Support matte screen protector for the 2G iPod that I shall drill a circular hole in for the camera! (hopefully that works!) ;)
From my experience, screen shields won't work. The 2G iPod touch has a slightly wider display, so as a result by using these screen shields on the 4G iPod touch, there will be some excess on the sides. You can try for yourself if you like.
simsaladimbamba
May 1, 03:34 PM
They are launched simultaneously.
cherry su
Jan 20, 08:29 AM
buy a power adapter?

Mackilroy
Mar 18, 08:38 AM
My fave traditional RPG is Golden Sun 1 and 2.
Those games were awesome. :)
Those games were awesome. :)
Derekuda
Jan 15, 02:14 AM
Anyone think a price drop for the iPhone tmw? If Steve suprizes us again with another 100-200 price drop, I would pick up an iPhone in a heart beat.
kbfr08
May 27, 05:53 PM
The cases are deep. I've got a 1U RM Xeon that doesn't fit under a desk, I really don't have anywhere to put it. A friend passed the server on to me after his office, a major voip provider, closed and let him take a bunch of stuff.
If you're eying one, make sure you have room, my server is nearly 1 yard deep :O
If you're eying one, make sure you have room, my server is nearly 1 yard deep :O

HexMonkey
Jul 12, 12:09 AM
They aren't used in any guides. Some of them were uploaded to be used in the forums, which isn't allowed. They've been deleted.
meeble
Apr 30, 01:31 PM
its working fine on a couple of MacPro's for me - what exactly is happening?

themacguy12
Oct 18, 11:47 PM
I have mine pre-ordered, but now after finding out they are giving away t-shirts to the first customers, I think I'll go and pick up a copy for a friend of mine and just keep the t-shirt!
thats a good idea!
thats a good idea!
breathein
Dec 10, 04:15 PM
there have been a couple of other threads regarding the issue of the backlights going out on Apple's LCD monitors.
The top half of my screen has become dim.
however, if i turn my computer on and the apple OS load screen is running.. right when that screen turns on my LCD monitor's top half goes brighter than what it sits at once the computer is booted up.
this is about a half second of extra brightness. I see this when I wake the computer from sleep sometimes.
whats the deal, any clues?
The top half of my screen has become dim.
however, if i turn my computer on and the apple OS load screen is running.. right when that screen turns on my LCD monitor's top half goes brighter than what it sits at once the computer is booted up.
this is about a half second of extra brightness. I see this when I wake the computer from sleep sometimes.
whats the deal, any clues?
Bill P.
Apr 16, 04:52 PM
Thanks much for your guidance. Much appreciated.
I've moved my HD to the Airport location and plugged it in to the Airport's USB port. The HD is powered up.
How do I get the drive to show up on my remote desktop?
Thanks again,
Bill
I've moved my HD to the Airport location and plugged it in to the Airport's USB port. The HD is powered up.
How do I get the drive to show up on my remote desktop?
Thanks again,
Bill

ayeying
Feb 2, 01:24 PM
I have the latest Boinc Client running and in the messaging center it says no useable gpus found?
So CUDA still isn't supported on the Macbooks Nvidia 9400m?
It's supported. You have to install the CUDA drivers though. It's available on the nVidia website.
So CUDA still isn't supported on the Macbooks Nvidia 9400m?
It's supported. You have to install the CUDA drivers though. It's available on the nVidia website.
Faeylyn
Sep 3, 02:02 PM
Question for iBook users:
I noticed iBooks in a few different computer stores that had damaged keyboards. Those particular ones were beyond repair. Because it was with more than one, it made me wonder about how well the things are put together. Has this been an issue with iBooks? Maybe the original iBooks? Or are store customers just overly hard on them?
Still thinking on whether to get a new Powermac or a portable. I'll probably just get an upgrade card and wait another year.
I noticed iBooks in a few different computer stores that had damaged keyboards. Those particular ones were beyond repair. Because it was with more than one, it made me wonder about how well the things are put together. Has this been an issue with iBooks? Maybe the original iBooks? Or are store customers just overly hard on them?
Still thinking on whether to get a new Powermac or a portable. I'll probably just get an upgrade card and wait another year.

mjlemmen
Apr 10, 10:28 AM
Hi,
Since the release of the DP of Mac OS X Lion I have been dual-booting my late 2008 MacBook.
I was wondering wether there was a way to make my MacBook always boot in disk selection mode, as if I was holding down the opt-key (=alt-key).
This would be easier since I dual-boot for a long time, safer, because this way my Mac asks me my firmware password, and faster, because I could turn on auto-login, going straight to my desktop (since I have given my firmware-password anyway).
I read about always booting in verbose mode by putting "-v" as boot-args in my pram, so I thought there would be a way of doing the same for the disk selection mode...
Thanks
Since the release of the DP of Mac OS X Lion I have been dual-booting my late 2008 MacBook.
I was wondering wether there was a way to make my MacBook always boot in disk selection mode, as if I was holding down the opt-key (=alt-key).
This would be easier since I dual-boot for a long time, safer, because this way my Mac asks me my firmware password, and faster, because I could turn on auto-login, going straight to my desktop (since I have given my firmware-password anyway).
I read about always booting in verbose mode by putting "-v" as boot-args in my pram, so I thought there would be a way of doing the same for the disk selection mode...
Thanks
caveman_uk
Dec 15, 03:59 AM
1. It's a 'Blue and White' and Crucial says it takes PC133
2. There's tools for OS X that will do this (e.g. superduper) but I don't know about OS9. I guess there must be. Some macs (I think including yours) don;t support hard drives any bigger than 127GB. So don't bother buying a drive bigger than that.
3. Some do some don't. What specifically are you worried about?
4. Not all. Again I've never used OS9 but in OSX Broadcom wireless-G PCI adapters are supported. You need to check the chipsets on the PCI card.
You could upgrade that machine to a 1GHz G4 with an upgrade card if you wanted. Would be about $350.
2. There's tools for OS X that will do this (e.g. superduper) but I don't know about OS9. I guess there must be. Some macs (I think including yours) don;t support hard drives any bigger than 127GB. So don't bother buying a drive bigger than that.
3. Some do some don't. What specifically are you worried about?
4. Not all. Again I've never used OS9 but in OSX Broadcom wireless-G PCI adapters are supported. You need to check the chipsets on the PCI card.
You could upgrade that machine to a 1GHz G4 with an upgrade card if you wanted. Would be about $350.
jareddigby
May 6, 10:25 PM
Can I use a Maxtor 7Y250M0 in a mac pro?
iLucas
Mar 17, 02:26 PM
I agree.
The classic for me is much more convient at the gym than my touch or other iPods mainly because of the large storage. I hope that they don't discontinue them.
The classic for me is much more convient at the gym than my touch or other iPods mainly because of the large storage. I hope that they don't discontinue them.
jiminaus
Apr 2, 12:35 AM
Quote from WebView docs.
- (void)setCustomUserAgent:(NSString *)userAgentString
Parameters
userAgentString
The custom user-agent string. The user-agent string is used by websites to identify the client browser. The custom user-agent string is used for all URLs. If nil, then the receiver constructs a user-agent string that produces the best rendering results for each URL.
- (void)setCustomUserAgent:(NSString *)userAgentString
Parameters
userAgentString
The custom user-agent string. The user-agent string is used by websites to identify the client browser. The custom user-agent string is used for all URLs. If nil, then the receiver constructs a user-agent string that produces the best rendering results for each URL.
rddc21
Aug 23, 11:26 PM
What is the best portable speaker for Ipod touch? taking into account bass and overall sound quality.. and of course $100-$150 price range :)
mfaye21
Sep 5, 12:25 PM
Near your drawers are those windows? If so move the desk near the window (assuming it will not block the windows by shelves etc) I like to look out the window when i'm at my desk for natural light. Other then that, paint and new posters/art good ways to spice up a room.
Yes those are windows. I was planning on moving the desk over there but it wont fit by 2 inches! Talk about a headache!
Yes those are windows. I was planning on moving the desk over there but it wont fit by 2 inches! Talk about a headache!
SpitFire000
Jul 7, 03:15 PM
Bump?
bigchrisfgb
Nov 26, 07:16 AM
I tried getting a Job at the Metro centre one (had to do the interview thing at Eldon Square though)
Didnt get it :( (I am hoping it was down to no previous experience before hand... because if it was because I as a person wasnt what they were looking for that makes it even worse lol)I tried for both, didn't get either. Anyway I think it was because I knew too much about Apple. Apple now tend to get people who know nothing or next to nothing for the shop floor, but get people who know everything for the specialists.
Didnt get it :( (I am hoping it was down to no previous experience before hand... because if it was because I as a person wasnt what they were looking for that makes it even worse lol)I tried for both, didn't get either. Anyway I think it was because I knew too much about Apple. Apple now tend to get people who know nothing or next to nothing for the shop floor, but get people who know everything for the specialists.
No comments:
Post a Comment