mscriv
Apr 7, 10:00 AM
No worries iJH, I don't think you busted anything. It's a difficult topic to talk about and some people probably don't know what to say or haven't really given much thought to it before. (that's why I thought it would be an interesting discussion)
I'm glad you are a part of instilling hope in others with your volunteer work and, if my memory serves me correctly, your regular job as well. I think that's awesome. :)
I'm glad you are a part of instilling hope in others with your volunteer work and, if my memory serves me correctly, your regular job as well. I think that's awesome. :)
funkywhat2
Sep 6, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by applemacdude
how much u wanna bet?
that the newton is good, or that there's no way in hell that they will make a pda?
if they do in fact do a pda, i will start a mac rumors public apology thread, exclusively to tell you that im sorry. then i will create a new username and start at newbie status all over again:D
how much u wanna bet?
that the newton is good, or that there's no way in hell that they will make a pda?
if they do in fact do a pda, i will start a mac rumors public apology thread, exclusively to tell you that im sorry. then i will create a new username and start at newbie status all over again:D
vandlism
Jan 14, 08:18 PM
I always liked the name Showtime. It was suggested when Apple announced movies on iTunes.
cwright
Apr 16, 04:44 PM
Yeah, I do this all the time. Works great. I use an SM58 and a G2-series SKP 100 plug-on transmitter, but it's basically the same thing.
Yebot
Mar 31, 04:44 PM
Really gang?
Spend 20 seconds looking at MacRumors forums and you'll find dozens valueless, off-topics posts that don't get deleted. Please don't hide behind that.
Ha ha. I think I just got accused of being trollish for pointing out something that Arn says ought to be disclosed anyway. This is rich.
Spend 20 seconds looking at MacRumors forums and you'll find dozens valueless, off-topics posts that don't get deleted. Please don't hide behind that.
Ha ha. I think I just got accused of being trollish for pointing out something that Arn says ought to be disclosed anyway. This is rich.
celticpride678
Mar 12, 08:31 PM
Chances are there won't be an iPad 3 this year.
Buybuybuy Team
Apr 11, 02:26 PM
We are from buybuybuy.com
All sellers are required to ship using priority rate in our site, so you will have it in 2 to 3 days delivered by USPS if you buy in www.buybuybuy.com and we have the best price on the web now for purchasing iPad2 online now.
All sellers are required to offer a return policy too.
Thanks,
Buybuybuy Team.
P.S. OR you could try to check out if anyone selling locally on Craigslist.
All sellers are required to ship using priority rate in our site, so you will have it in 2 to 3 days delivered by USPS if you buy in www.buybuybuy.com and we have the best price on the web now for purchasing iPad2 online now.
All sellers are required to offer a return policy too.
Thanks,
Buybuybuy Team.
P.S. OR you could try to check out if anyone selling locally on Craigslist.
mcwilljg
Apr 23, 11:28 PM
Directly attached HD via USB.
transmaster
Feb 2, 06:53 PM
I have a 3rd gen mc model ipod touch. had 3.1.3 jailbreak firmware previously on it. earlier today i upgraded to 4.2.1 non jailbroken firmware
Im trying to upgrade to the 4.2.1 jailbroken firmware using red sn0w.
I set everything up then when its loading it gets stuck at "exploiting with limera1n" and it just freezes there.
What can i do?
thanks.
Easy don't Jailbreak it.
Im trying to upgrade to the 4.2.1 jailbroken firmware using red sn0w.
I set everything up then when its loading it gets stuck at "exploiting with limera1n" and it just freezes there.
What can i do?
thanks.
Easy don't Jailbreak it.

GFLPraxis
Sep 22, 06:47 PM
It's a good time, but it will be even better next year.
Get a low end Mac, maybe a Mac Mini, start building a familiarity with the OS and establish a software library, and in 2-3 years (or even in one if you wish) buy an Intel Mac.
Why do I say this? An Intel Mac will be a switcher's paradise. The ability to dual boot Windows and Mac OS X, run many Windows apps through WINE and Windows games through Cedega, etc.
Get a low end Mac, maybe a Mac Mini, start building a familiarity with the OS and establish a software library, and in 2-3 years (or even in one if you wish) buy an Intel Mac.
Why do I say this? An Intel Mac will be a switcher's paradise. The ability to dual boot Windows and Mac OS X, run many Windows apps through WINE and Windows games through Cedega, etc.
Revomonster
Jun 27, 10:51 PM
Has anyone tried this at all? I think that it would work but I would liek to know for sure before I buy this.
nagromme
Dec 1, 03:13 PM
The rear camera would be useful to have enabled, for showing things to people for instance.
jpetticrew
May 4, 11:46 PM
I know people have been doing white conversions for months using knock-off parts. Now that the REAL THING exists, are there any places selling the real OEM parts? I held off on doing my conversion because I didn't want knock-off crap. I want to buy the real thing! Help?
I asked iFixIt about when they'd start selling white parts. They said TBD.
I asked iFixIt about when they'd start selling white parts. They said TBD.
Bengt77
Nov 24, 06:08 PM
only 2 genres for me:
Michael Jackson
Not Michael Jackson
Interesting. Does your library also consist of Not Michael Jackson-labeled music for 99,5%, like mine?
Michael Jackson
Not Michael Jackson
Interesting. Does your library also consist of Not Michael Jackson-labeled music for 99,5%, like mine?
Macman74
May 2, 08:37 AM
macman
there are plenty of Virus's/ Trojens going around facebook. All of them are like
"dad walks in on daughter"
"see who viewed your profile"
"check out this funny video you are in"
and so on, and so on.
The list goes on and on. The smart thing to do is NOT click these links. No matter what they are and who sent them to you. The thing the virus does is, if you click it, it will then send to everyone in your facebook profile the virus FROM YOU. So they think its coming from you. This has been going on for a very long time but has recently picked up a lot of power from somewhere.
The bottom line is, do not click on the links.. Why would you want to watch "Dad walks in on daughter",
I'm not saying that I clicked it, I'm saying that I have seen it popping up in the last 24 hours and wanted to know what it's potential was. As an empolyee in the IT field, things like this peak my interest since it affects myself, my friends, my family, my co-workers and my clients. So, the bottom line is that I'm trying to become knowledgeable of what's out there to safeguard the people around me from a big mess.
Thanks,
MacMan74
there are plenty of Virus's/ Trojens going around facebook. All of them are like
"dad walks in on daughter"
"see who viewed your profile"
"check out this funny video you are in"
and so on, and so on.
The list goes on and on. The smart thing to do is NOT click these links. No matter what they are and who sent them to you. The thing the virus does is, if you click it, it will then send to everyone in your facebook profile the virus FROM YOU. So they think its coming from you. This has been going on for a very long time but has recently picked up a lot of power from somewhere.
The bottom line is, do not click on the links.. Why would you want to watch "Dad walks in on daughter",
I'm not saying that I clicked it, I'm saying that I have seen it popping up in the last 24 hours and wanted to know what it's potential was. As an empolyee in the IT field, things like this peak my interest since it affects myself, my friends, my family, my co-workers and my clients. So, the bottom line is that I'm trying to become knowledgeable of what's out there to safeguard the people around me from a big mess.
Thanks,
MacMan74
galstaph
Aug 28, 12:27 AM
Whadda you mean Santa and the Easter Bunny aren't real!!!???!!! :eek: :confused: :eek:
ok ok, I guess that explains why they always miss my house! :D
Anyway, I think moto may be working on their new chip, that is if they care. I work in electronic component sales, and yes my company is a moto distributer. I get to see what the PPC's are selling for in their raw form (public costs anyway ie. $146 US for a G4 500MHz in 44pcs lot [keeping in mind that is just the core before apple plays with it! :eek: no wonder apples cost more! Blame motorola]) and motorola is still charging to much for their processors. They are going the way of embedded procs and don't really seem to care about the PPC division. The most development is in coldfire procs. Anyway, I'm getting off track kinda. What i wanna say is that I have no doubt that motorola will finish the 7470, they will just do it on their time, which unfortunatly is slooower than a PC rendering graphics on photoshop! By the time they get it out they'll have changed it so much that Apple will have gone to [hopefully] faster and better IBM processors.
So until then we should just take what we can get and be happy we are'nt running winblowz XP :D :D
ok ok, I guess that explains why they always miss my house! :D
Anyway, I think moto may be working on their new chip, that is if they care. I work in electronic component sales, and yes my company is a moto distributer. I get to see what the PPC's are selling for in their raw form (public costs anyway ie. $146 US for a G4 500MHz in 44pcs lot [keeping in mind that is just the core before apple plays with it! :eek: no wonder apples cost more! Blame motorola]) and motorola is still charging to much for their processors. They are going the way of embedded procs and don't really seem to care about the PPC division. The most development is in coldfire procs. Anyway, I'm getting off track kinda. What i wanna say is that I have no doubt that motorola will finish the 7470, they will just do it on their time, which unfortunatly is slooower than a PC rendering graphics on photoshop! By the time they get it out they'll have changed it so much that Apple will have gone to [hopefully] faster and better IBM processors.
So until then we should just take what we can get and be happy we are'nt running winblowz XP :D :D
Mr. Anderson
Sep 23, 02:20 PM
What a complete load of festering worthless crap.
I'd love to see the methodology of this 'poll'.
You mean which pubs they went to to do the poll? Or how many women actually took the poll? :D Or how much they had to drink at the pubs looking for women while taking the poll :p
D
I'd love to see the methodology of this 'poll'.
You mean which pubs they went to to do the poll? Or how many women actually took the poll? :D Or how much they had to drink at the pubs looking for women while taking the poll :p
D
techlover828
Jul 4, 08:18 AM
No, like I said it has shipped. I will get the tracking number. I am away from my store at the moment. But rest assured I will get it to you.
great, thanks, I look forward to getting it.
great, thanks, I look forward to getting it.
MacRumorUser
Mar 22, 05:30 PM
God is telling you to ditch that game.....
frunk
Apr 19, 02:04 AM
I've read that review too many times my friend! After snooping around on the web, it turns out that the fours simply add a control / mic module.
I'm also interested in the Astro A*Star earbuds. Anyone have experience with those?
I'm also interested in the Astro A*Star earbuds. Anyone have experience with those?
VinnieB
May 15, 07:41 PM
Howdy. My friend has a Jailbroken iPod Touch 3G, and he recently bought a wall charger from China for $3 or something. When he plugs it in to charge it, the iPod displays the infamous message, 'Charging is not supported by this accessory'. Obviously this was an inconvenience. Somehow, by playing around with the iPod, we actually managed to get the charger working. Everytime we tried to plug it in, it gave the same message, but for some reason, we went inside SBSettings, and then into dock, and plugged it in. IT WORKED!! This is the only way we've found to make it work, and I thought it was a bit odd.
Could anyone else try this out and see if it works for them?
Could anyone else try this out and see if it works for them?
Lloyd Christmas
May 5, 11:02 AM
Have you downloaded Blackberry Desktop Manager for mac yet. Thats what I use to put music and video on my bb. Also use it to back up my phone every week just in case I lose it I can restore my new phone. Lloyd
simsaladimbamba
Apr 9, 08:30 AM
Let' say your Mac OS X side uses 2GB of RAM and the RAM is wired* and you assign 8GB to Parallels, and Windows wants to use it, then only 6GB is available to Parallels, as the 2GB is already reserved to Mac OS X and can't be taken away.
* Mac OS X: Reading system memory usage in Activity Monitor (http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1342)
Helpful Information for Any Mac User (http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost.php?p=9848667&postcount=6) by GGJstudios (http://forums.macrumors.com/member.php?u=186377)
* Mac OS X: Reading system memory usage in Activity Monitor (http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1342)
Helpful Information for Any Mac User (http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost.php?p=9848667&postcount=6) by GGJstudios (http://forums.macrumors.com/member.php?u=186377)
aross99
May 5, 11:17 AM
Since you want the computer to be a media hub for your family, and you already have 100GB of media, I would go for the larger hard drive. Your media needs are only going to increase - especially with pictures and video from your T1i.
On the Office/iWorks issue I have to agree that if you are going to be exchanging files with office users (i.e. from work, family, etc), then just get office.
It will help for the kids also, when they are working on files for school. My kids were always working on Word Documents, Powerpoint Documents, etc. After spending alot of time on the documents at home, they need to know they work at school on the Windows machines...
On the subject of Applecare, this will provide you with two additional years of warranty coverage - after your warranty ends. You have to purchase it before the warranty ends, but it doesn't matter if you buy it on day 1 or day 365 - you get the same amount of coverage either way.
Remember Applecare doesn't cover accidental damage. Only warranty type issues, such as a dead motherboard, bad LCD, etc. Sometimes I think you do get preferential treatment at the Apple store though if you have purchased Applecare.
I have had very good luck with my Apple machines, so I don't tend to purchase it. That said, I have a pair of iMac G5's (2006 vintage) that could probably been repaired out of warranty with Applecare.
I would tend to agree on waiting to purchase it if you have any doubts. Give yourself 10 months or so to live with the machine, and see how it is working for you. Read the forums here and see how others with the same models are doing. If you are comfortable with it then you don't have to purchase it. If you have any concerns, then feel free to purchase it for some additional piece of mind.
One last thing - make sure you purchase an external hard drive if you don't already have one. Set it up with Time Machine (included with your Mac) or the backup program of your choice, and make sure all of that media is backed up. If you can, get two drives, and keep one of them at work, or somewhere else offsite, just incase something happens at your home.
Good luck with your new Mac!
On the Office/iWorks issue I have to agree that if you are going to be exchanging files with office users (i.e. from work, family, etc), then just get office.
It will help for the kids also, when they are working on files for school. My kids were always working on Word Documents, Powerpoint Documents, etc. After spending alot of time on the documents at home, they need to know they work at school on the Windows machines...
On the subject of Applecare, this will provide you with two additional years of warranty coverage - after your warranty ends. You have to purchase it before the warranty ends, but it doesn't matter if you buy it on day 1 or day 365 - you get the same amount of coverage either way.
Remember Applecare doesn't cover accidental damage. Only warranty type issues, such as a dead motherboard, bad LCD, etc. Sometimes I think you do get preferential treatment at the Apple store though if you have purchased Applecare.
I have had very good luck with my Apple machines, so I don't tend to purchase it. That said, I have a pair of iMac G5's (2006 vintage) that could probably been repaired out of warranty with Applecare.
I would tend to agree on waiting to purchase it if you have any doubts. Give yourself 10 months or so to live with the machine, and see how it is working for you. Read the forums here and see how others with the same models are doing. If you are comfortable with it then you don't have to purchase it. If you have any concerns, then feel free to purchase it for some additional piece of mind.
One last thing - make sure you purchase an external hard drive if you don't already have one. Set it up with Time Machine (included with your Mac) or the backup program of your choice, and make sure all of that media is backed up. If you can, get two drives, and keep one of them at work, or somewhere else offsite, just incase something happens at your home.
Good luck with your new Mac!
No comments:
Post a Comment